February 21 - 23, 2014
University of Alaska Anchorage Wells Fargo Sports Complex
3211 Providence Dr.
Open Map in new window
Enter your Last Name and Confirmation ID to review your record.
Registration and associated club membership fees must be paid in fully December 15, 2013.
Payment can be made in lump sum or be distributed on the following scale:
11/10/2013 - Club Membership, $50 deposit for those in group numbers or the opening,
$15 deposit for those auditioning for solos and spotlight numbers.
11/24/2013 - 50% of remaining balance due
12/15/2013 - Remaining balance due
Payment can be made as follows:
UAA Wells Fargo Sports Complex on Sundays between 3pm and 5pm via credit card, check or cash
Mail check, payable to Anchorage Figure Skating Club, to:
Anchroage Figure Skating Club
ATTN: Ice Show
P.O. Box 212072
Anchorage, AK 99521-2072
- By using this registration site, you agree to pay the fees as outlined via lump sump or using hte payment plan. Upon registration, you will be contacted with additional information and to determine your payment method of choice.
Below is an outline of fees associated to participate in the show:
- All participants in the show must register for a group number at the cost of $125. All group members will be included in the show finale.
- The cost to participate in the opening number is $50.
- If you are interested in auditioning for a solo spotlight a $15 fee is due up front. Should you be awarded a solo or spotlight, an additional $35 will be due.
- In order to participate in the show, you must be a current home club or associate member of AFSC. membership fees are as follows:
- Family Membership - $170
- Junior Membership (single member under 18 years old) - $115
- Senior Membership (single member over 18 years old) - $90
- Collegiate Membership (4 years of membership) - $200
- Associate Membership (home club is not AFSC) - $65
- Official show photographs and a video will be made available after the show and are not included in the above charges.
- All participants will receive a show shirt free of charge. Should parents elect to, they may purchase additional shirts for themselves.
- From time to time, based on the appearance of costuming on the ice, additional undergarments such as a plain colored leotard will be required. All effort will be made to keep this to a minimum to avoid imposing additional charges on the skaters for costuming. Should such accessories be required, this will be discussed with the parents in advance to avoid surprises.
- Solo and Spotlight performers are responsible for their own costumes.
- There will be a cast party on February 17. A small donation may be requested to help offset the cost of the cast party.
Refunds will only be granted in the event of serious injury or illness that prevents participation in the event.
Group Number Format
- Group numbers are available to skaters from Tots to Adults
- Group numbers are grouped according to skating ability as verified by the skater's test level or instructor as of November 15, 2013.
- Synchronized Skating Teams shall be comsidered group numbers. Synchronized skating team registration is completed by the team manager seperate of this registration process. Team members are also eligible to enroll separately in a group number and participate in solo tryouts.
- Tryouts will be at the University of Alaska Anchorage on November 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm.
- Skaters who have passed the USFS Senior Freeskate level are not required to try-out.
- Additional information will be posted at UAA and via e-mail to participants.
- Be sure to arrive early on the designated day and ensure you have completed your off-ice warm up and are ready to skate at your appointed time.
- Tryouts will be divide by High Level (Intermediate to Junior) and Low level (Below Intermediate and non-test). Each group will be given a 5 minute on ice warm-up.
- A $15 fee is required for the try out. For those who receive a spotlight or solo this fee will be applied to the solo/spotlight fee. The full solo/spotlight fee ($50) will not be charge to those who do not receive a solo or spotlight position in the show.
- Soloist and spotlight numbers will be given preference to AFSC Home club members. There will be approximately 10 solos and 3 spotlights in the show. Please note that this may change at the club's discretion dependent on final show organization needs.
- Soloist/Spotlight tryouts will be judged based on performance/entertainment quality by a group of individuals from the Greater Anchorage Community. The skaters will be judged on entertainment value and performance. Skaters have the freedom to choose the attire and program which they feel best suits the style of skating they want to showcase in the audition.
- Soloist/Spotlight assignments will be made within 10days of the tryout at which time cut music will be made available to the skater
- All Solo/Spotlight costumes must be suitable for family audiences and shall be approved by the Ice Show On-Ice Director and the Ice Show Chair. Please note that solo/spotlight performers are responsible for the cost of their own costume.
- Final choreography must be suitable for family audiences and shall be approved by the Ice Show On-Ice Director and the Ice Show Chair. Please note that solo/spotlight performers are responsible for making arrangements for developing hteir choreography. Throught the month of January and February 30 minutes of time on Friday night will be used for solo/spotlight performers to practice.
- Off-ice rehearsals begin Friday, January 10, 2014 and carry throughout the month of January.
- On-ice rehearsals begin January 24, 2014 and continue up until the show.
- Your attendance is expected at all rehearsals. Attendance will be taken.
- Choreographers/Directors have the right to remove any person/group from the show for lack of attendance or disruptive behavior.
- Any skater that qualifed for the U.S. Figure Skating national Competition will be excused while they are gone. Skaters are responsible for notifying the chairperson regarding absence for competition.
- A rehearsal schedule will be sent to all participants mid-December